Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Type O Negative

i've had my ups and downs with type o negative. carnivore was always more my thing. when "black no.1" was in heavy rotation on the 'ball, i thought it was pretty goofy shit. i still liked the song, and giggled to myself when ever it or "christian woman" would come on. then "october rust" came out. i HATED october rust. its still my least favorite type o negative album to this day. it offended me so, that i refused pay the band any more attention what so ever. several years later i was in a serious long-term relationship with a girl who's favorite band happened to be type o negative. wouldnt you know it, but her favorite type o album was fucking october rust. that shit got played so much it drove me crazy and awakened all the animosity i had felt years before. i fucking hated this band. some time later i bought her "life is killing me" when it came out. my hatred had subsided, but now she was the one loathing them. i shelved this band until recently when my bass player hit a type o phase and jammed this shit for weeks at a time every time we left for tour. giving them a listen after a few years off and hearing their newer material was a breath of fresh air. me and type are in good standings as of now. looking back these videos are just as awesome/hilarious as i remember them. i still have to say i like carnivore better, though. sorry, chris.
-phillip


No comments: