Sunday, February 24, 2008

Obituary

This video is the shit.  It was on the semi-famous "Evolution" Roadrunner Record videos sampler.  It expresses how I feel about most things (I really don't care) while also reminding me that industrial pollution is pretty fucked up, even if you're in Obituary.  
Actually, I'm not really sure what this video is trying to say. Is it that mankind doesn't care, and this apathy will lead to an apocalyptic future where children play in sewage?   Is it that Obituary doesn't care about pollution?  I can totally see John Tardy driving down some backwoods Florida road, listening to Leprosy on his truck's tape deck and throwing Budweiser cans out the window.  Or is it that children just don't care about getting dirty? I'd consult the lyric sheet, but I think there are only four words used in this entire song. -J.W. 

No comments: